Friday, January 27, 2012

Birthday Present to Me!

Are you a purse gal?  I'm not.  I have never been a fan of carrying a purse.  When I was younger, I felt like the girls who carried them were trying to act older than they were, and it felt fake to me to try and do that.  Now, that I'm an adult, I still just don't like it.  I can't put my finger on it exactly, but there is something about carrying a purse (for me) that just doesn't feel right.

My mode of transportation for the "stuff" I carry around is a Land's End tote (they're great!  Try one if you haven't.) and a wallet.  I am a big fan of the wallet.  A great wallet can hold all the necessities without being cumbersome, and can be easily carried and taken wherever I go.  At least, that would be the perfect wallet in theory.  Yet, I can't say that I have actually owned the perfect wallet . . . until now!


I ordered mine in vintage grey from Leoniesaliba on Etsy!

My birthday is on Monday (January 30th) and my very generous uncle and aunt, sent me some birthday money, the right amount to cover the cost of, what I am believing will be, the perfect wallet!  I have been saving up over the last month, rather unsuccessfully, because life just takes money even when I try not to spend any, and when I saw the check, I nearly cried.  

Isn't she a beauty?  Soft, vegetable died, genuine leather that will only get better with use!  And I love the simple, thin striped lining on the inside of the zippered pockets - fun, yet subtle.



I started really searching for the one about five months ago and after searching through literally hundreds of wallets online and in stores, I really found no other wallet that seemed right. Three zippered pockets, lots of card slots in the middle, and the wallet opens up flat to be able to easily see and get them.


It even comes with a wrist strap for added versatility, but I will probably just carry it.

I can't wait to be holding it!

If you like this wallet, check out Leonie Saliba's shop on Etsy.  She is having a 10% off sale through Tuesday, January 31st!

Have a great Friday night!!

~Callie

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET FRIEND!!!! Enjoy your day! (And your new wallet, when it gets to you!:) ) Love it!!

    ReplyDelete