Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Finished! 7 Lbs in 7 Days



Finish Line: Well, we made it!  7 days of juice fasting and we did it!  My husband dropped 10 lbs (lucky guy!) and I dropped 5.6 lbs in the 7 days, not quite the 7 lbs that they said I would, but it still feels really good.  I'm wearing dress pants that I didn't quite fit into before this, which is a victory!  I still want to drop about 10 more pounds to be at my ideal weight, so this has been a good start.

The last day of the fast was good and a little hard too.  I was quite tired of juicing by the end of the day, even though I love juicing, and by the evening, I was stoked to get to go to bed.  When I got up this morning, I wanted nothing to do with my juicer, so my husband and I started out slow with watermelon.  Then, I showered and got ready for the day, and made us eggs with spinach and a little bacon.  I sautéed brussel sprouts for myself with Johnny's seasoning also, and the combo tasted divine.  Unfortunately, the eggs did not settle well with my husband's stomach.  Poor guy.  We took the rest of the day slow and ate small portions, which helped.

It's weird though.  All of the things I craved while juicing, didn't sound that appealing to me today.  We even opted out of getting Chinese food like we had planned (probably a good thing).  And honestly, I still crave sweets.  I'd love to eat a big chocolate chip cookie right now.  I've eaten a little super dark chocolate and that has helped.  And, although my stomach has filled quickly today, I have wanted to eat and eat.  

In all, this entire process has been quite interesting.  Feeling great, then really tired; food cravings, then not; happy then irritable.  It's just interesting.

So, to wrap up, am I glad we did this?  Absolutely.  Do I want to do it again right away.  No.  Am I going to incorporate juicing into my daily routine?  Yes.  Am I going to go back to eating breads and refined flour and sugars?  No, only on occasion.  Am I going to eat mostly fruits, vegetables, meats and fish?  Yes!  Am I going to keep losing weight and feeling better and better in my clothes.  You had better believe it.  And, finally, do I recommend that others try this?  Yes.  Take the challenge and see how you feel.  I believe it can only do good things, despite the moments it feels challenging.  

So, thanks for following my progress.  It's been fun to journal throughout this journey.

~Callie


1 comment: