Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day 4 - 7 Lbs in 7 Days


Day 4:  I awoke this morning feeling excellent!  I felt happy and hopeful and excited for the day, and not very hungry.  In the middle of the day, my husband and I went to town and in the grocery store, I wasn't tempted by everything I saw.  I felt great today.  

In the early afternoon, my husband and I decided (well, it was my idea) to go out onto our property and pick up logs that had been cut for firewood.  We loaded a bunch in the back of the truck, got stuck in a creek because we were so loaded down (another story), and unloaded and stacked everything in the barn.  Pretty good work out, aaaaand we were pooped.  We came back to the house and juiced right away.  I've found that exercise is a lot more exhausting on the juice fast.

This evening, like every other day, I started to feel hungry.  I would love to have fish, or chicken, or taco salad, even lasagna.  I don't know what it is, but the evenings are the hardest for us both, which is the reason we go to bed at 10pm.  That might be late for some, but it's a bit earlier than normal for us.  We do it because we're so excited to wake up again and juice.  Ha!

Today was the best and the easiest, I think.  However, I still can't wait to have a real meal too! I've found I have very mixed emotions while on this fast.  One minute I feel great, and then as if out of nowhere I'll feel like it's really hard to do this.  Thankfully, that feeling is short-lived.  It's interesting.  

I think this is a good challenge for me.  I'm learning a lot about willpower.  

Oh, and by the way, when I got up this morning, I had lost another 1.7lbs.  4.2 total lbs in four days.  Not bad.  I feel great in my jeans!  

It's 10:15pm.  Bedtime! 

Goodnight.

~Callie

No comments:

Post a Comment