Saturday, October 8, 2011

Hidden Treasure

I had something happen to me this week that, until now, I have only dreamed about.  I found treasure hidden in my apartment!

After coming home with a bunch of baking supplies the other night, I went to put some of the larger items in a high cabinet that I have yet to use since moving in.  Immediately, I ran into something stopping me from placing the flour bag on the shelf.  I couldn't see in the cupboard, so I felt around with my hand, and these are what I found!:








Two vintage Italian prints!  They're not originals, but they are prints of wonderful old Italian paintings mounted on wood and then given a painted gold and ivy green or cream framing.  One of them has a large sticker on the back explaining that any flaws or what looks to be blemishes are unique details from the Italian artisans that have put these together.

I was shocked and excitedly surprised to find such fun items just hanging out in my own home!

I asked my landlords if I could keep them, and they said yes!  So, these sweet little things will be headed to the shop later this week.

Have you ever found treasure in your midst?  If you have, I would love to hear your story!

Happy Saturday!
~Callie

1 comment:

  1. LUCKY DUCK!!! Wow, these are beautiful. I love em. So Victorianish and pretty.They remind me of the movie Marie Antoinette..If you haven't seen it, SEE it! For the decor and scene sets alone!

    ReplyDelete