Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mounds of Leaves

A couple of weeks or so ago, I posted pictures of the beautifully blooming leaves that erupted in glorious color here in Coeur d'Alene.  Well, now everything is covered in 3-4 inches of snow, but check out these pictures I got the day before the snow fell.

Like I mentioned before, this is the first time I have lived in a place where the majority of the trees are deciduous and lose their leaves . . . ALL over the place!  I was floored by the massive piles of leaves that fell, burrying lawns, sidewalks, and streets.  I started to wonder where all of these leaves were going to go.  I found out this week.

This is what I saw as I made my way through my neighborhood midday. Another surprise. Take a look . . .


It's hard to tell, but this is a long row of many separate piles of leaves.



That were eventually pushed into massive piles like these in the middle of an intersection, with a small corner for cars to drive around.  Dump trucks eventually carted the leaves away.

Can you imagine playing in a pile like this?!

Well, as I said, the leaves are gone and just in time, because the snow has come and I have long icicles hanging from the eve outside my bedroom window.  At least they snow plow well in Idaho. :-)

I have been enjoying cups of tea and cocoa, and being continuously thankful that I am warm and dry. In fact, I'm off to make a cup of tea now before bed.  Until, next time . . .

~Callie

No comments:

Post a Comment