Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Couponing . . . Save Money!

A few months ago, I came across this show called "Extreme Couponing."  a new reality show that shows men and women buying the majority of their food and household products, sometimes spending $0 or getting paid, yes, I said PAID, to take the item out of the store.  All of this done with coupons.

When I first saw the show, I couldn't believe it.  I sat there in disbelief with my jaw open for most of the half hour as these people bought hundreds of dollars worth with next to no cash.  It was amazing!  I also loved that some people donated their purchases to local charities or churches.  To me, helping your family, AND helping others at the same time was super cool.  However, I just didn't quite get how it all worked and how a coupon could make an item free.

Well, tonight our local library hosted Tammi Lee, one of the extreme couponers filmed for the show, and a free couponing seminar.  I have just finished and I can't wipe this smile off my face because it seems so incredible to get stuff for free.  I have little intentions to coupon on a grand scale, but I love the idea of doing it with items that I already would get and possibly getting them for free. I'm going to start with laundry soap, dishwashing soap, toothpaste, and toothbrushes.

Here is Tammi's website.  If you are at all interested in how this couponing thing is done, her website will lay it all out for you.  Tammi says that her goal is to do all the work for people so they can coupon and save money and stay or get financially stable.  Try it out. . .  I'm going to be over the next several weeks!

tammileetips.com

Have a great evening!
~Callie

No comments:

Post a Comment