Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Holiday Decorating

I will be heading home for two whole weeks over Christmas, hopping a plane mid-December to spend the holidays with my parents, sister, and her new husband, and then returning the beginning of January.  Woo hoo!  Because I won't be in my cozy little apartment come Christmas, I opted out of getting a tree this year.  But, given that the whole house where I work was decorated for Christmas right after Thanksgiving, it got me wanting to do a little decorating of my own.  As usual, I wanted simple and cozy.  Here are a few pics of what I did . . .



This fabulous raw salvaged barn wood sofa table that I bought at my local Salvage Lot houses some of my own favored items as well as items in my shop awaiting their new home. I gave it just a touch of sparkle and a soft glow with a set of slow twinkling vintage Christmas lights.



Christmas gifts from my mom last year from one of my favorite shops in La Conner, Go Outside.


On my coffee table is the most lovely little wire and bead tree with a star hanging above, and wire and bead manger scene with its own star and a carved pearl dove attached to the upper left hand corner.  I found them at Christianson's Nursery just outside La Conner, WA last year.  I LOVE them and will keep them forever.  Their simplicity and little bit of whimsy is perfect.  They warm my heart. 

(Note: If you ever get to La Conner, WA, and you love plants and french antiques, you must stop into Christianson's Nursery.  They are amazing - you won't want to leave!)

Have a wonderful day!
~Callie

1 comment:

  1. So cozy friend!! Love it :) Especially the subtle silver garland swag. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete